BattleEye not allowing access to the server

Post here for issues or help with problems and bug you may have experienced in our PVP Exile Game Server. Please be as specific as possible, if there is a way to duplicate your problem provide that information in your first post. If your getting an error please describe the specifics of the error message. The more info we have the easier it will be to assist you.
zaxos232
E-0 Private
E-0 Private
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:35 am

Hello!
I am a returning player, and wanted to get back on the server.
Apparently though, BattleEye does no longer allow Nvidia GeForce Now players anymore (I used it back when I played before).
Is there a way to play anyway? Unfortunately I need to stream because of my laptop melting if I don't :)
Error said that BattleEye doesnt allow virtual machines.
Thanks in advance!
WhiskyTangFoxy
E-1 Private First Class
E-1 Private First Class
Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:04 pm

Ok, I'll take a shot at it.

Seems BattleEye does not allow the game to play in a Virtual Machine. So first make sure we are not running in a VM. No VirtualBox or QEMU running while BattleEye is active.

Note that Windows 10 version 20Hx automatically installs some Hyper-V elements in the background. And if you use any WSL, Windows Subsystem for Linux, then there is a VM running in the background all the time. To look for Hyper-V installation click the Windows icon and type Turn Windows features on or off. Click the link, look for and un-check Hyper-V, WSL, Virtual Machine Platform, Windows Subsystem for Linux, and Windows Sandbox. This will remove all those apps. You can put then back later if you're a nerd like me and use them daily. Click Ok, REBOOT.

If this does not fix the issues please post back. Also if you could look for an Event Log related to the error. Click the Windows icon and type Event Viewer. Click the link. It may be slow to load. On left click to expand Windows Logs then click on Application. In the top window pane, look for a line with the Source "BattleEye". If there is one click the line and let me know what it says in the bottom pane.

Cheers
:airplane_small:
ImageImage
Johnjohns
O-4 Major
O-4 Major
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:39 am

GeForce Now is game streaming from a VM. So unfortuantly, no. There is no way around this. You need to run Arma 3 on your own machine.
WhiskyTangFoxy
E-1 Private First Class
E-1 Private First Class
Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:33 pm

Defiantly a BattleEye problem they need to address.
I just don't have the bandwidth to research online gaming services.

Cheers.
:airplane_small:
ImageImage
zaxos232
E-0 Private
E-0 Private
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:58 am

Hey guys,
Thanks for the help!
Unfortunately, the case with BattleEye not allowing VMs is true, and until they manage to solve it somehow the streaming option is out of the window.
I tried my potato laptop route yesterday, and it has to do for now.
Great to be back in this community :)

Have a good one!