Helicopter Lifting Capacities

Any type of support that is not directly related to the website or our game servers please post here. We welcome any tips or trick you may have or "how to" instructions here and we may include it in our FAQ in the future.
Kozlov
E-0 Private
E-0 Private
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:03 pm

Any chance this information is available? I can locate the standard ARMA loads but not the CUP vehicles.
Johnjohns
O-4 Major
O-4 Major
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:46 pm

If you look up how to open and use the Arma 3 config viewer, that should have the information you seek. I don't think there is any online documentation for this.

You can open the viewer in the eden editor. All helicopters will be in the "CfgVehicles" category. You will then need to locate the helicopter by classname.

I'm not sure what the config entry for lifting capacity is called, but it should be somewhere in the config data. I know I've seen it
Kozlov
E-0 Private
E-0 Private
Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:58 pm

Assuming I can find the right helo the tag is SlingLoadMaxCargoMass. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Johnjohns
O-4 Major
O-4 Major
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:57 pm

You are welcome!

I just remembered that there is a way to easily find the chopper you are looking for in the config viewer.

Find the chopper in the editor by searching for it's common name. Place one down. Then right click on it and there should be an option to view it in the config viewer. Will link you right to correct info. Hope this helps.

In the future, I may look into displaying the lifting capacity of helicopters in the exile trader screen.