PVP server Day/Night Cycle

Feel free to talk Exile in here! Anything Exile goes. Please be respectful to others.
It is the year 2039. After the resource depleting conflict in Greece, Europe suffers from a new deflation crisis, leading the crime rate to a new peak in history. Members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization Security Council are forced to react. Being a desperate alternative to overcrowded and prohibitive prisons, offenders are now being sent to EXILE.
User avatar
Hellfire
E-8 First Sergeant
E-8 First Sergeant
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:03 am
Gender:

Fri May 24, 2019 10:54 pm

Johnjohns wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:25 pm
Hellfire wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:28 am
I just wished that day time lasted a little longer.. it seems like the day to night ratio is heavily more in night time favor. Maybe that has to do with it being winter time? Idk..
Correct. The seasons do affect the amount of daylight. I think I might set the in game date to today's date so that we skip the server ahead into spring.
JJ did you ever do this?
It says it's fall right now. Also can we make the time and weather persistent so if it's day/night, rain/snow when the server resets it will be the same afterwards?
User avatar
Johnjohns
O-4 Major
O-4 Major
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:08 pm
Gender:

Sun May 26, 2019 12:13 am

Hellfire wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:54 pm
Johnjohns wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:25 pm
Hellfire wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:28 am
I just wished that day time lasted a little longer.. it seems like the day to night ratio is heavily more in night time favor. Maybe that has to do with it being winter time? Idk..
Correct. The seasons do affect the amount of daylight. I think I might set the in game date to today's date so that we skip the server ahead into spring.
JJ did you ever do this?
It says it's fall right now. Also can we make the time and weather persistent so if it's day/night, rain/snow when the server resets it will be the same afterwards?
No I never did lol. Time is persistent. I may make weather persistent as well in the future.

I have a big update with a lot of content in the works right now, which is why its been a while since the last update.
User avatar
Hellfire
E-8 First Sergeant
E-8 First Sergeant
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:03 am
Gender:

Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:05 am

Time is not persistent it seems.. Was day time right before server reset and afterwards it is pitch black dark night time lol
User avatar
Johnjohns
O-4 Major
O-4 Major
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:08 pm
Gender:

Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:58 pm

Perhaps something went wrong and the saved time failed to load. I can confirm that time is persistent more often than not, as I designed and wrote the script myself.
User avatar
Hellfire
E-8 First Sergeant
E-8 First Sergeant
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:03 am
Gender:

Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:11 pm

nevermind.. I think my understanding of the cycles is just off?
the short transitions between day/night can throw you off.
User avatar
Taime_Down
E-0 Private
E-0 Private
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:27 am
Gender:

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:34 am

i have been requesting more time to actually play in the daylight. It STILL seems the be leaning very heavily toward night time. EVERYONE i have talked to , that actually plays this server on a regular basis want more time for daylight. You say u dont like the vote system... but the people that actually play the server, WANT the vote system. Man-o says "we own the night" .... i gotta ask when ....because i never see him play. i know alot of people that used to play the server, left because they dont like playing in the dark and fog constantly
User avatar
Johnjohns
O-4 Major
O-4 Major
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:08 pm
Gender:

Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:40 pm

Taime_Down wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:34 am
i have been requesting more time to actually play in the daylight. It STILL seems the be leaning very heavily toward night time. EVERYONE i have talked to , that actually plays this server on a regular basis want more time for daylight. You say u dont like the vote system... but the people that actually play the server, WANT the vote system. Man-o says "we own the night" .... i gotta ask when ....because i never see him play. i know alot of people that used to play the server, left because they dont like playing in the dark and fog constantly
You make a compelling argument. We will give the voting system a try.
Post Reply