Server Down

Post here for issues or help with problems and bug you may have experienced in our Survival Game Server. Please be as specific as possible, if there is a way to duplicate your problem provide that information in your first post. If your getting an error please describe the specifics of the error message. The more info we have the easier it will be to assist you.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:48 pm

The survival server is temporarily intentionally offline. I apologize for the inconvenience (it happens to be my favorite server personally) but it is necessary right now while I work through some issues in the website. The database for the game server and the website currently share the same ports but are running in different environments and therefore I need to make the changes to change the db ports for the game server and it should be up and running without any issues after that. Sorry guys the site is more important at the moment.

YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR BASES I will make sure all rents are taken care of for the time being.
I'll update when I have more info to share.
ETA for game server is this weekend it will be online at the latest.
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General

Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:57 pm

I thought it not only proper but necessary to provide an update on the survival server.
Unfortunately I do not think it will be online this evening and since my last update stated this weekend I thought I would elaborate a little.
Without getting into the nitty gritty I have tried several things and spent many hours working to get the website and our game server (they share the same dedicated server box) operating properly and with an infrastructure that will not create any issues in the future resulting in a loss of the site for any period of time.

I'm currently leaning in the direction of installing a virtual machine on our own dedicated server to run our game server. After failing with installing Hyper-V I'm now looking at the possibility of using Virtual Box. It's free and I'm not familiar with it but seems popular. If it will do what we need it to do then we'll move on.

I apologize to the time the survival server has been down and I wanted you all to know that it is not abandoned but that our issues with software management seem to keep stacking up... We will get there, I appreciate your patience.
I do plan on spending some time this evening working on this issue, however I will be out of town on business for the next 3 days and will likely not be able to check back in or work on this till Thursday or Friday.
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
Traider
O-9 Lieutenant General
O-9 Lieutenant General

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Thanks for your hard work, sir!
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:26 am

The survival server is currently operating on IP 142.54.174.83
I'm not sure we're going to keep it there, it's currently running in a virtual machine running on our dedicated server. Everything works, let me know what you all may think about the performance.
I'm working on an alternative method of getting this server to run in our regular dedicated as well but need to solve some issues with mySQL ports conflicting still. I was hoping the VM would have been a solid solution.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:41 am

Believe I have this issues SOLVED!Game server is operating on original IP 142.54.174.82 as it was.
Performance and everything else should be as it was originally. Everyone's base rent was paid on Christmas so your good for 10 days after Christmas unless you pay again sooner.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:59 am

Was running some testing and reviewing performance reports since the server has been running again since yesterday morning. Thought I would share the speed test results ... SMOKING FAST!