Why did the Navy SEALs switch from the SIG P226 to the Glock 19?

Posts in here will be news about the community, gaming related news etc. Anyone may post (registration required) however please keep the topics related.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:22 am

The SF community en masse has gone to Glock’s.
I understand that about 10 years ago, Delta went to Glock 40 cals, but they may be dropping down to 9mm.

The real reason they went to the Glock is weight.
The only thing that the SIG does better than a Glock is it’s double action trigger.
That acts as a safety. Slow 1st shot, but after you’ve gone loud, it’s quick to fire.

SEALs don’t need it. If they pull their weapon out of their holster, they are going to be shooting something.

An old saying is ‘Ounces equal Pounds. Pounds equal Pain.”
Having a lighter pistol, especially when it’s not likely to be used, is a smart thing.
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
Psychonitrous
E-0 Private
E-0 Private
Wed May 06, 2020 3:47 pm

Interesting, I have a Sig P226R (9mm) and love it but it is a bit hefty. The double action then single action was one of my deciding factors on going with it.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General

Wed May 06, 2020 5:31 pm

I have a Sig P226 9mm as well normally resting on the top of my computer under my desk.
Mine is well used and many years old and still shoots straight and VERY reliable. Easily one of the best pistols I have ever owned.
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"