DayZ Stand Alone

This section is for gathering around and having random discussions. You can discuss anything here as long as it does not violate our rules or be seen as spam. If you spam our forums you may be suspended/banned without warning.
justin
E-0 Private
E-0 Private
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:14 pm

Does anyone play the SA version? They released the server hosting files last week I think.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:29 pm

Never really looked into it... You have an info link?
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
justin
E-0 Private
E-0 Private
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:41 am

It is an old ARMA2 mod that Bohemia decided to do a standalone version of. It's a survival sim that has a crazy intricate crafting engine in it. Kill animals, cook meat, tan the hide and craft your own clothing, farming, fishing. There are zombies but they are done pretty well. It has been in development for 4 years at least. They just released the server files to host a couple of weeks ago after releasing an XBOX one version. That makes me think they are wrapping it up. I actually started playing exile waiting for them to finish DayZ.

manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:37 am

I downloaded the dedicated files, will look at them and test. Go from there.
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
justin
E-0 Private
E-0 Private
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Awesome!
Hellfire
E-8 First Sergeant
E-8 First Sergeant
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:04 am

It's been almost 5 years now and development has still been insufficient. I bought the game when it was first released in late 2013 and played it quite a bit. It's been a while since I've played, so I have not played since the new management has taken over and *(improvements) have been made. Now I use that word lightly because reading the most recent reviews reveals that while a new team has been working on the game, not much has been done to fix a lot of the same issues that have been around since it's inception - all the bugs, glitches, massive problem with hackers, ect..
So for that reason, is why I have not played it in a very long time nor had the urge to even download the game again.