Arma Oddies of the Mundane

This section is for gathering around and having random discussions. You can discuss anything here as long as it does not violate our rules or be seen as spam. If you spam our forums you will be suspended/banned without warning. (legit zero tolerance)
WhiskyTangoFoxy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Arma Oddies of the Mundane

Post by WhiskyTangoFoxy »

"The Frogs Carry AKs" -- WhiskyTangoFoxy

While looting random roaming NPCs after having dispatched them in Altis, I noticed sometimes their chosen uniform to die in is the United States Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance Group or "USMC FROG Gear" as it is listed at the Gear Trader. Oorah!

Well dressed for the job the NPCs in F.R.O.G. Gear also selected the AK-12 as their primary weapon. The AK-12 is a newer version Kalashnikovs. In 2018 the Russian military announced that the AK-12 and AK-15 would be adopted. The rifle's first confirmed use in a conflict was during the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine by some units of Russian forces.

Although the weapons of the enemy become "War Booty" I cannot imaging a member of the USMC choosing to carry this weapon unless there was little to no other option.

There is another version of F.R.O.G. Gear.
Flame Resistant Organizational Gear
They look very similar and is most likely what is modeled.

Both can be found on eBay.

And now for something that as meaning only to me.

These are so easy to get. Join us.

Just some random things I notice that make me type random saying in chat.
What are your Arma Oddies of the Mundane?

Cheers.
8-)