Exile PVP/PVE Servers Update 4/3/2019

Announcements about events or important web or game server information may be announced in here by site admins.
Johnjohns
O-4 Major
O-4 Major
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:33 pm

Update 4/3/2019 Codename: "End My Suffering Please, Johnjohns"
Changelog:

-Player characters, player-driven vehicles, and towed vehicles' positional data is now continuously synced to the database every couple seconds. This will prevent vehicles/players from reverting to their old location in the event of a server crash.

-If you disconnect from the server while in a vehicle, you will now be placed back inside the vehicle when you log back in, so long as that vehicle still exists and has not moved too far away.

-Implemented a player helicopter crash recovery system. In the event of a server crash or unexpected client disconnect, the server will try to freeze your aircraft in place to prevent it from crashing. This will work in conjunction with the other system mentioned above to place the player back inside their helicopter, and in addition will give the vehicle 30 seconds of temporary invulnerability to protect it from a hard landing. In the event that your helicopter crashes anyway, the server will detect this and spawn your character in at ground level so you do not fall to your death.
  • Note: Please keep in mind, this system will not be 100% reliable, as there are many factors that could prevent this from working properly. However, this should reduce the amount of loss due to unexpected crashes.
-Supply Boxes are now persistent when loaded onto a flatbed vehicle. Meaning, you can now load up all those mission crates onto a truck and not worry about loosing them when the server restarts. This new feature also works safely with the virtual garage.

-Territory protection fees are now due every 20 days. This may be subject to change again in the future, but for now we will see how it goes.

-Added the roaming AI ground vehicles from the PVE server to the PVP server so players have more bad guys to fight during non-peak hours.

-Other minor fixes.
Danzigger
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:54 pm

I am fixing to test this..............I just finished Csat Sam Site and was about 30 secs out from trader with transport and the 3 crates when server restart booted me. Wish me luck, ill log back in after restart.
Danzigger
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:32 pm

Worked Perfect, Came back in vehicle, crates still loaded. Had to jump out and back in to get it to move but all in all Awesome Job. Thanks again for all you guys do.
Hellfire
E-8 First Sergeant
E-8 First Sergeant
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:42 pm

Last edited by Hellfire on Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellfire
E-8 First Sergeant
E-8 First Sergeant
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:21 am

Johnjohns wrote:
. . .
-Added the roaming AI ground vehicles from the PVE server to the PVP server so players have more bad guys to fight during non-peak hours.
Does this mean that when I fly out of my base a cheetah spawns under me and shoots me down?
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:11 pm

Hellfire wrote:
Johnjohns wrote:
. . .
Does this mean that when I fly out of my base a cheetah spawns under me and shoots me down?
You bet! :D
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
Johnjohns
O-4 Major
O-4 Major
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Hellfire wrote:
Johnjohns wrote:
. . .
That's exactly what will happen :')