thegarageguy is stealing my stuff

Post here for issues or help with problems and bug you may have experienced in our PVE Exile Game Server. Please be as specific as possible, if there is a way to duplicate your problem provide that information in your first post. If your getting an error please describe the specifics of the error message. The more info we have the easier it will be to assist you.
Dead in Dior
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:19 am

Hello, I have a large base on the salt flat (The Gun Runner's Hideout). While I was on, I notice that thegarageguy was in my base; I asked him what he was doing in my base, no response. My friend (Teddy) who had just died spawned at our base and saw him looking through our stuff, he asked: "Hey, what are you doing in our base", no response again. Seconds after Teddy asked the question thegarageguy left the game. Once we investigated, we found an estimated 250k-350k tabs worth of our loot that he had loaded into our supply boxes, a few were already loaded in our truck as well. We moved the loot back into our crates and locked them. This is not the first time we have had stuff go missing from us, in the past we had two helicopters go missing (a Little Bird and a Ghost) I just passed them off as ArmA bugs but I might be wrong.

Thanks for the help :relaxed:
- RadioactiveStar
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General

Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:52 am

Thanks for reporting, we will look into this and monitor moving forward.
Stealing is not something (as you know) that is permitted in our PVE server. We still however suggest that you lock things up whenever possible. Locks keep honest people honest ;)
I'll update here in this thread our findings when the investigation is complete, or post questions if there are any addational questions. (I have one now actually) Do you have screenshots of thegarageguy actually "inside your base"?
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:55 am

I have confirmed that "thegarageguy" was in fact inside your base. I'm going to issue a verbal warning to "thegarageguy" next time I see him on/in the server. I would also like to make sure that EVERYONE reviews our server rules located here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1400&p=2118&hilit=rules#p2118

They are designed to avoid these types of situations by providing a base of "rules" we can enforce when situations arise or there is a dispute in the server between players.

I have evidence that rule #4 was violated by thegarageguy in this report. I can also say with certainty that he was unable to really "steal" anything prior to logging off. So for entering another player's base I feel a "warning" is reasonable under the circumstances.

While investigating, I was also able to determine that there is a large number of vehicles spread out within the base walls most if not all of which are unlocked. We recommend that you utilize the virtual garage for vehicle storage. Motorpools of vehicles parked like a fleet does affect performance. Please see rule #3 for more information. Our server is set to automatically delete vehicles not driven for a couple of days. If you do lose vehicles because of this they will not be replaced by an admin, nor would any fiscal credit be issued for the vehicle nor the items within the storage of the vehicle.

Thanks again for reporting and I hope you enjoy playing in the AFD game servers.
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"