Scratchie Announced Win Not the same as What You ACTUALLY Win

Post here for issues or help with problems and bug you may have experienced in our PVE Exile Game Server. Please be as specific as possible, if there is a way to duplicate your problem provide that information in your first post. If your getting an error please describe the specifics of the error message. The more info we have the easier it will be to assist you.
Scrag
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal

Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:16 pm

Sirs,

I hope you can help me with this issue.

Just now, I was parking a wild spawn MTVR Fuel filled with misc loot; it was a combination of AI stuff, box stuff, etc. I couldn't generate a detailed list even if I wanted to, so simply consider it filled with "random" loot. Nevertheless, while parking it, I received a notice saying I had won 100,000 in scratchies. I was very excited, letting out a popular 'woot' on the side chat. I even earned a few words of congratulations from RadioactiveStar. who was online at the time along with Teddy.

However, much to my surprise [and crushing disappointment], when I clicked to Collect my Prize, it was not 100,000 but a Van Box, which promptly appeared inside the MTVR I was driving, leading to the explosion of both and my own death. While I was able to respawn in my base and recover the gear on me, I ended up losing quite a bit due to a faulty alignment between what was announced that I had won and what I had actually won.

Those times I make the error and recover a vehi while in a vehi are frustrating, to say the least, but I should know better; I should have been paying attention- that's on me. In this particular scenario though, the announcement said I had won tabs, which are typically "safe" to cash-in at any time; clearly this is not the case.

I would appreciate it if someone could look into this and correct the issue of a discrepancy between the announced win and the actual win.

While at it, I would not scoff at the offer of the 100k I didn't win, whatever reasonable sale value one could estimate the loaded vehicle was worth, and even the fraction of respect I lost from the death. I know it wasn't much (since it was an 'Arma' death and not an AI-caused death), but here- we fight for every point of respect we can, and a death, any death, big or small, hurts.

Thanks in advance for your time.

-Ragepriest
- On The Boards as: Scrag
- In The Game as: Ragepriest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:37 am

RP I have reviewed the logs for your GUID and it shows that at
2020-06-14 14:39:01 - You won a black box van
2020-06-14 22:08:49 - You won an offroad guerilla 08 colored
2020-06-14 23:00:21 - You won the 100k in pop tabs

The system fills winnings based on oldest to newest so if you had the previous 2 winnings and hadn't claimed them when you won the 100k it would spawn the oldest win first.
When playing the scratchies game I recommend everyone "collect winnings" when they buy scratchies this way if you have something in your won queue your not surprised later unexpectedly.

I've added 150k to your locker.
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
Scrag
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal

Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:26 am

manOwar,

Thank you for not only the fix, but the explanation. I now know and understand how it all works and, should I botch it up again in the future, it would be my full responsibility and I will hold myself accountable for it.

-Rage
- On The Boards as: Scrag
- In The Game as: Ragepriest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~