AI getting on base AA

Post here for issues or help with problems and bug you may have experienced in our PVE Exile Game Server. Please be as specific as possible, if there is a way to duplicate your problem provide that information in your first post. If your getting an error please describe the specifics of the error message. The more info we have the easier it will be to assist you.
Danzigger
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:13 pm

How do you stop AI from just appearing on base AA Guns?
Do not recall this last time i played, but here lately its resulted in several deaths.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General

Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:25 pm

Your base? You mean like the base improvements AA?
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
Danzigger
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:24 am

Yes Sir,
Yesterday late afternoon i had it again. Went up top of my base to get a better shot at AI, none were close and then i was hit in back from my AA gun. You do not see them come in, its a sudden disappear and then next thing you know they are manning the AA guns. I even had them shooting at Shayton the other day as he drove from trader towards his base.

Same thing has happened several times at Grumpy's base as well.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General

Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:54 pm

I'm not aware of anything JJ has done to make this an intentional AI behavior, will leave this topic open for JJ to review and see if he may have a better idea of how to correct. He's our expert with the code that makes the majic happen around here ;)
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
Danzigger
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:43 pm

Appreciate it. It is quite magical. Best server i have ever played on. The ARMA Glitches is they only thing that kills it sometimes. Thought thats what it was first time it happened but its happened a lot lately. I was hoping some others would pop on and say if they have had it happen. Even had the AI from the Base Raid mission hop on Grumps AA guns. Scared the crap outta me.
Johnjohns
O-4 Major
O-4 Major
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:33 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Been real busy as of late.

I will look into this. I like the AI to have the ability to commandeer vehicles, but not if the trigger radius for them to "get in" is super big as you have described.