Arma 3 Exile Crafting Mod

This section is for gathering around and having random discussions. You can discuss anything here as long as it does not violate our rules or be seen as spam. If you spam our forums you may be suspended/banned without warning.
Danzigger
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:56 am

What Mod or how did you set up the crafting on the Survival PVE server. Not the XM8 Recipes but the list that comes up when double clicking an item in game? I have a small test server i use to try out Vehicles and other items and i am curious. On my server it just has a small list of items. Love all the servers you have going. And thanks for running them.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:00 am

Danzigger wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:56 am
What Mod or how did you set up the crafting on the Survival PVE server. Not the XM8 Recipes but the list that comes up when double clicking an item in game? I have a small test server i use to try out Vehicles and other items and i am curious. On my server it just has a small list of items. Love all the servers you have going. And thanks for running them.
We have custom written scripts and code written directly in the exile config. To be honest it's been so long since I have seen "basic Exile" that I forget what is customized and what comes with the mod itself.
I'm glad your enjoying the game servers. I enjoy the A3 Exile series and hope to see our servers take off more. I think they are jam packed full of things not seen anywhere else!
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
Danzigger
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:50 pm

Is that something you would consider sharing VIA a mod or other way? I know since playing on the AFD servers i will continue for as long as they are up. Mine like i said is just a private server to practice different items on. Not a huge deal as i can spawn anything via Infistar, was just curious. A lot of work went into it i can tell.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:43 pm

Danzigger wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:50 pm
Is that something you would consider sharing VIA a mod or other way? I know since playing on the AFD servers i will continue for as long as they are up. Mine like i said is just a private server to practice different items on. Not a huge deal as i can spawn anything via Infistar, was just curious. A lot of work went into it i can tell.
Unfortunately no I cannot share... I'm flattered that you would ask. I'm not completely responsible for allot of the custom data within and through out our servers. I'm not comfortable with sharing our custom code as it's not something I ever intended to do. We make modifications based on keeping the individual servers first individual and then balanced based on the theme of the server. The way everything integrates it would be difficult to "share" a portion as it's not simply a couple lines of code in a config file but rather a line of code referencing a custom file we have placed in an overwrite then everything is PBO'd.

If we start sharing then we do become a little less unique and I fear become obligated to update when it breaks as we have to update ours every-time something new is updated in a mod or sometimes A3 itself. This is a hobby, I enjoy playing and was frustrated at one point with finding the "Perfect Server" so I took all the ideas and thoughts I've had from playing in other servers and worked with a friend to create little by little what we have today.

I really am happy you enjoy the servers, I would encourage you to check out the PVP or the survival server if your playing in the PVE server. They are a little different even so.

I would be happy to assist you with your server should you have questions and I'm able to help, unfortunately however I'm not willing to hand over the custom stuff we have played with and tweaked to get it where it is today. I think it would cause more issues likely in a standard server than it would be helpful to pick pieces apart and try to make them work.
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
Danzigger
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:55 pm

I completely understand. Just had to ask as i have thoroughly enjoyed my time on your servers. I actually do play on all of them. The Survival PVE being the main one as i got my girlfriend AKA Grumpy into playing it. She is not a fast paced FPS player but she enjoys playing against the AI. Ive played ARMA going back to the Operation Flashpoint days. Wasteland brought me back for awhile. And finding the AFD servers have been a blast.
So i hope you guys keep them running as long as able.
Thank you so much for your time.
Johnjohns
O-4 Major
O-4 Major
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:26 pm

Hello Danzigger,

As ManOWar mentioned above, we won't be releasing any of our custom code, but I would be happy to point you in the right direction.

I'll post below the steps so you can make your own crafting recipies.

1: Inside your Exile.Altis mission file, there will be a config.cpp file. Open that file with a text editor like Notepad++.

2: Use the search funtion (CTRL-F) to find the config object called class CfgCraftingRecipes.

3: Inside the container brackets {} of the class CfgCraftingRecipes config object you will see many different sub-objects. Each of these sub-objects is a crafting recipe.

As an example, the crafting recipe for a Big Mama breaching charge is:

Code: Select all

class BreachingChargeBigMomma: Exile_AbstractCraftingRecipe
{
	name = "Breaching Charge (Big Momma)";
	pictureItem = "Exile_Item_BreachingCharge_BigMomma";
	returnedItems[] =
	{
		{1, "Exile_Item_BreachingCharge_BigMomma"}
	};
	tools[] =
	{
		"Exile_Item_Foolbox"
	};
	components[] = 
	{
		{3, "Exile_Item_BreachingCharge_Metal"},
		{1, "Exile_Item_MobilePhone"},
		{1, "Exile_Item_DuctTape"},
		{1, "Exile_Item_ZipTie"}
	};
};
If you take a look inside, you'll see even more config objects such as the name of the item, the components required to craft the item, the tools required to craft the item, and the items that are returned to the player once crafting is complete.

4: Simply use the above code as a guide to make your own recipes. Follow the same format. The only changes that you need to make will be replacing the item class-names above with the correct item class-names for the item that you wish to craft.

Additional optional parameters that can be added to the recipe are:

Code: Select all

requiresOcean = 0; // Requires a body of water to be nearby.
requiresFire = 0; // Requires a lit campfire to be nearby
requiresConcreteMixer = 0; // Requires a concrete mixer to be nearby

These parameters use a simple integer value to determine whether or not they are used. 0 means the condition will be ignored. 1 means that the condition must be true.

5: Once you have made your own recipe, insert it into class CfgCraftingRecipes, repack your mission file, boot up the server and see if it works. IF you do this correctly, your new crafting recipe will be loaded by the server and you will be able to craft that item.

Hope this helps!
Danzigger
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:29 am

I will give it a shot. And thank you so much for your time.