New to the Server

Post here for issues or help with problems and bug you may have experienced in our PVE Exile Game Server. Please be as specific as possible, if there is a way to duplicate your problem provide that information in your first post. If your getting an error please describe the specifics of the error message. The more info we have the easier it will be to assist you.
Mitchull
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:23 pm

Good afternoon everyone.

Just want to say that I really like the server. There's usually plenty to do and the missions are spread pretty well across the map. The roaming AI is present but not every 2 minutes. There's a lot of little stuff that I've never seen on other Exile servers. Overall, I'm enjoying it.

My only real gripe is towing. I have not been able to tow anything for a significant distance yet. I see there have been posts here in the past about towing, so I don't want to pile on, but it's been a pain. I've abandoned a couple of missions vics just because I had to stop every 30 seconds to back up and re-hook. I've had helicopter issues as well but that might be me not knowing what can be picked up by what heli. I completed an AH1 steal mission and the AH1 wouldn't hook to my Qilin. I flew the AH to my virtual, bought an Orca and it also won't hook the Qilin.

Side note on the AH1, it sells for 0 at the waste dump.

Other than that, really enjoying the server. See you on there.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:59 pm

Hello Mitchull!
I'm glad your enjoying the server/servers AFD have to offer in Exile. As far as the towing goes I've done everything we could do server side to minimize issues with towing and have decided it is a FPS issue and the servers ability to sync the towed vehicle with the vehicle occupied by the client. When your in a vehicle allot of data is offloaded to your client therefore there is really not much lag, when you tow a vehicle your relying on your computer and the server to communicate frequent packets flawlessly in order to make that happen a visually look good as well as not "disconnect" the towed vehicle. In my studying this it is determined that the higher the ping and frames per second for the client the more likely the towing operation will fail just as you have described. Shoudl you decide to tow with an aircraft BE SURE to get in the vehicle being towed as the driver prior to towing. If you do not you will almost certainly lose it as the physics will not take effect properly.

As far as the mission vehicles many of the mission vehicles have been designed to a player cannot access them period, they are there as an obstacle, the particular mission your talking about with the helicopter it is designed to give the player a free helo and not as a way to relatively easily increase pop-tabs and respect greatly at the waste dump so the sell price is intentional. This is the same with any mission giving away higher end vehicles. We thought it was nicer to add them to the list of available vehicles you could win but didn't want to make the missions incredibly difficult either so the solution was as simple as removing the value associated with it at the waste dump.

There are many more things in our servers than on any other Exile server out there, you seem like you have experience in many servers. We have made hundreds of changes or created new content for AI, missions, and even thousands of items in the map itself. It's taken us a long time to get it where it is and it is rewarding to hear someone like yourself post the appreciation. Thank you for playing in our servers, be sure to check out all 3 Exile servers if you haven't already, they are all a little different. Thanks for posting and welcome to the AFD Gaming Community!
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
Mitchull
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:18 pm

Thanks for replying.

Yeah, I've played a lot of Exile on many servers, but bounced around a lot. The little things that you guys have running make this one more engaging. The lottery, the repair, the new missions and everything else I haven't seen yet.

If packet loss and ping spikes can be the cause of towing issues, that could be part of my problem. My internet isn't the best. That being said, I've never had towing problems this bad. It's not the end of the world. I'll adjust my planning to it. There is another tow mod that "fixes" the towed vic to the back rather than ropes, but I don't know what it's called or what is involved in making it work.

Thanks again.