Marauders

Post here for issues or help with problems and bug you may have experienced in our PVE Exile Game Server. Please be as specific as possible, if there is a way to duplicate your problem provide that information in your first post. If your getting an error please describe the specifics of the error message. The more info we have the easier it will be to assist you.
TyTy
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:26 am

The Clusterfux Family (Griff, nimatode, Otren and gecko) just went around the server destroying everyone's vehicles today and most likely stole a bunch of stuff from their bases.
Last edited by TyTy on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TyTy
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:17 am

They're still at it. Possible bases hit as listed: Goon Squad, Jgile's, law breakers, possibly more but cant confirm. Die Gardes (my neighbor) was being rocketed just before restart.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:25 am

TyTy wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:26 am
The Clusterfux Family (Griff, nimatode and gecko) just went around the server destroying everyone's vehicles today and most likely stole a bunch of stuff from their bases.
In reviewing the server logs it doesn't look like any "rules" were broken. It seems to me the line was towed a little with respect to possibly breaking into other players bases but we do have regular announcements that ask you to use the Virtual Garage and LOCK your stuff up. It is a public server and we're unable to control what everyone does. We will also not replace anything missing in this fashion.
I've sorry for those who may have lost something.
Here is what you can do to help prevent this in the future:
  • Use the virtual Garage - that's what it is there for.
  • Don't collect / hoard vehicles and leave them at your base or anywhere in the open.
  • Lock your vehicles.

These three things should prevent this moving forward. There are so many vehicles being "collected" and out just for anyone to take as I look at all of your bases; frankly I'm surprised this isn't happening more often. If you enable this to be a lucrative way to gain tabs and respect what do you think people will do?
Anything UNLOCKED is fair game for anyone in any AFD server. You don't lock it then it is your issue.

I will say this, if I find people deliberately destroying other player vehicles in the PVE server I will implement harsh respect and locker, player base wherever they store there tabs/money penalties and I will do this without warning! I'll also respond to there post when they come here to report the "glitch" and I'll provide the supporting data. Griefing other players is not something that will be tolerated.
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
Gecko
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:44 am

no we did NOT go around to other peoples bases and destroy their things. You can ask everyone else on the server if we have ever had any issues with anyone else. Naming people like JGile and Lawbreakers and saying we stole from them is beyond BS. As far as goon squad goes... u cant build your base blocking a street (the most traveled road in the game) without having people poke around and move your shit out of the way. We did however try to retaliate against you and ended up hitting your buddies base by mistake. he swears he had nothing to do with you so we are working to reconcile that with him. Dont point a finger at us when ur the one starting issues.
sincerely, Clusterfux
p.s. we found out from the others on the server that u have a history of stealing other peoples stuff and breaking into bases. please stop acting innocent in all this. its tiring.
Danzigger
E-3 Lance Corporal
E-3 Lance Corporal
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:46 am

If this TyTy is Ty in game then yes he is well known for being a lying thief. I do not know about before but since i started on this server i can say it was drama free until the day Ty and Troy joined and were spotted outside my base. Tried telling me they were new and did not realize my base was a players base. Only to be found later by Grump at it again. Then others bases. I was not on when this recent event occurred. I came on later as Griff was apologizing to Aralia. I can understand his frustration and can also understand Aralia's. Bottom line is same reoccurring factor seems to be involved. Ty.
Grumpzilla
E-0 Private
E-0 Private
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:44 am

I was online for some of this. In looking at the map to see what Missions were up, I saw all the players names and where their dots were located. Ty was at his new base and then his dot was where Aurelia's base now is. Before all this I didn't know where his new base or Aurelia's was located. Ty logged off soon after. According to what I heard when Aurelia came on, Ty used a ground vehicle from Aurelia's base location and bombed the Clusterfux family as they were trying to move their base. He took out their vehicles and everything they had. Tired of the BS they decided to bomb what they thought was Ty's base. I can't say that I blame them, I thought about bombing Ty's base after he and Troy stole our shit. Unfortunately, they hit the wrong base and Aurelia lost several vehicles that weren't in the VG and all of the loot that was on them . Aurelia is (understandably) pissed off because their base was caught in the middle and they were not even online. They logged in to bombs going off. Griff and Clusterfux family apologized and offered to pay and/or replace the items that were blown up. They said they'd make it right. I believe they've both send word to the admins privately. Griff and family explained that Ty had bombed them and that they thought he was bombing them from his base but he did the bombing from Aurelia's base. Sadly, Die Garde got caught up in the chain reaction Ty Started. All roads lead to Ty starting the war and everyone else getting the crap end of the stick because of it.
jgile
E-0 Private
E-0 Private

Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:03 pm

Wasn't on last night so Im not sure about the status of my base or if anything is missing. I agree with ManOWar that if you leave vehicles lying around you are asking for trouble. Back when Clusterfux used to be regular players, I do remember them destroying vehicles around the server. However these were always (that I saw) random vehicles around the map. You could see a path of destruction in their wake. I personally was a fan of it because it removed a lot of the clutter of ALL the random vehicles sitting around. I never saw them messing with anyone's base that I was aware of. I also have to agree with them about the location of GoonSquad's base. Constructing your base in the middle of the busiest road on the map is again ASKING for trouble. Not technically against the rules, but I think it should be. In my opinion, this being a PVE server, we should respect other players' bases and belongings as much as possible. I've never knowingly stolen from another player and don't intend to. Also, I don't destroy or steal other players' vehicles that are obviously parked in or around their base. I will say, however, that if you leave a vehicle parked at the trader for a couple sessions and you're not on-I'm going to sell it. The trader isn't a parking lot. I didn't witness the recent drama so I can't comment on it specifically, but I would like to see cooler heads prevail here and see us all be able to get along. This is a great server and we don't need these issues messing with that.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:49 pm

jgile wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:03 pm
Constructing your base in the middle of the busiest road on the map is again ASKING for trouble. Not technically against the rules, but I think it should be.
I would like to add that while I am unable to find it in our forums now, blocking ANY roads with base parts is not permitted. We have custom AI scripts for roaming AI and they are programmed to use the roads and they do not necessarily see like human players. Base parts obstruct the natural flow of AI "traffic" and therefore not permitted. I'll be looking for bases obstructing roadways over the next few days or this weekend to give some time for anyone with a base blocking a through road to make accommodations for the road. After which I will come make the accommodations leaving a wide pathways about 10-15' from the edge of the roadways.

If anyone has questions or concerns give me grid coords and I'll look at them ASAP and let you know if it is acceptable prior to going in and deleting base parts from the server.

As far as the recent event above it seems like we have some really reasonable folks who call the PVE server home, I thank you. I appreciate your willingness to work through this as you are. We're all adults, some of you have invested sooo many hours in building up the real-estate you have in-game. Please consider using the virtual garages. There is NOTHING in the PVE server that can destroy base parts. If you just protect your own investments then there would be no excitement for someone should they be a tool joining the server to go on a rampage. The server spawned vehicles will not ever be replaced if they are lost, stolen, blown up by a bush/fence crossing the desert etc. they are designed to give you something to drive if your stuck, sell if your a scrapper and scavenge. In short they are there to enhance the game play, they were never intended to be collectibles put on display behind a short wall or parked outside your bases.

As far as accusations of individuals creating drama or deliberately destroying others property, base snooping or anything anyone with a moral conscious would deem as probably not right, I'll be paying more attention and will make a presence when I am able too. I will not tolerate someone doing something obviously wrong because there isn't a rule specifying it is wrong. As Danzigger said above this server has not had these type of issues in the past. Growing pains? Just time to have the problems or it could be as blatant as it seems. I don't have an answer to the question of WHY at this time but as I mentioned I will make more of an attempt to pay more attention. For those of you who have been in our servers please do not take this the wrong way. I'm by no means intending on being a bull in a china factory, rather an extra set of eyes when I can be to watch after the server.

Thanks again for listening, hope this doesn't appear to be a rant... I'll step off my soap box now :)
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
jgile
E-0 Private
E-0 Private

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:52 pm

I will not tolerate someone doing something obviously wrong because there isn't a rule specifying it is wrong.
Quote of the day right here! Thanks for your insight on these issues. You run an awesome server. Im glad to hear you'll be looking at some of these things. Also, I mentioned to JJ before, can you look at restricting building in military zones? Not sure if we have any active now, but there was a base that had completely taken over the military base outside of Telos. I don't think he paid his rent though. New players get upset about things like that because they're good loot spots when you start out. How do you feel about completely removing the thermal scanner? Might be too much of a temptation for some to lead a life of crime lol.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:06 am

New players get upset about things like that because they're good loot spots when you start out. How do you feel about completely removing the thermal scanner?
There are several military bases around the map, some of which are unable to be built on due to location. There are also 3 custom bases that yield high loot.

The thermal scanner in the PVE server is not functional for anything other than it's loot value. The code that enables it to unlock or read codes has been disabled server side. If you find this is not true let us know. I just double checked the server files and I'm pretty sure it will not work if someone were trying to use it to break into a vehicle, base etc.